- 1 Tools and Maintenance
- 2 What tools are available?
- 3 Metal and Machining
- 4 Project Tools Not Yet Finished Or Functional
- 5 Photos of Tools Pending Descriptions
- 6 Photos of Tool Areas for Instruction
- 7 Tools No Longer at the Hackerspace
Tools and Maintenance
Finding Information About Hackerspace Tools
Tools in the shop can be either owned by the Hackerspace or hosted by individual members. You will find postage stamp-sized labels with QR codes on all large tools and machinery in the space. Scanning the code will bring you to a page about the tool in this wiki. (Yellow labels are for items owned by the Hackerspace. Orange labels designate tools hosted at the space by members.)
Alteratively, you can read directly through the list of tools on this page and select the links for specific tool information.
Instruction for Tools: Classes for tools are listed on the Class Calendar. If you don't see an upcoming class on the tool you are interested in, contact the Director of Education or send an email to the atxhs-members list here. You can also look up the tool on the wiki list. Some tools hosted at the space may be used after special instruction by the owner.
If you have tools you would like to see hosted at the Hackerspace, contact the Director of Facilities. In addition, there is an active Tools Committee involved in the acquisition of tools for the space.
Maintenance of Tools in the Hackerspace
Tools owned by the Hackerspace must be maintained exclusively by those individuals selected by the Director of Facilities. Tools hosted by members may be maintained by persons selected by the owners of the tools.
If you think that a tool is broken, or not operating in an optimal fashion, send an email to the atxhs-members group list here.
If you are interested in who may maintain a tool either go to the wiki page for the tool, or look at the Authorized Repair Persons page.
Do not attempt to repair or service any machine in the Hackerspace without prior approval.
Hosting and Owned Tools
Some tools are owned by the Hackerspace, the inventory stickers on those should be colored yellow. Some other tools are "hosted" by a member, this means the tool is owned by the member, but leased to the space; the space is usually responsible for repairs and consumable materials, and any liability associated with the tool comes under the Hackerspace and the Hackerspace's insurance, insulating the owner.
What tools are available?
The space already has:
CNC Tools: Lasers, Mills, 3D Printers, Etc.
- Blue Laser Cutter
- ULS XL-12000 "Big Red" Laser Cutter
- Tormach PNC 1100
- Taig Mini-Mill
- MillerTech 5'x8' CNC Mill
- Inventables' ShapeOko 2 Desktop Mill
- Creality 10-S 3D Printer
- Tiko 3D Printer
- Polyprinter 229
Metal and Machining
- SawStop Industrial Cabinet Saw
- Laguna revo 18|36 wood lathe
- Rikon 14-inch Deluxe Bandsaw
- Ryobi BS904 9-inch Bandsaw
- Central Machinery 4x6-inch Metal-Cutting Bandsaw
- Makita 12" Miter Saw
- Milwaukee Heavy Duty Sawzall
- Craftsman 15-inch Drill Press
- Craftsman Scroll Saw
- Grizzly G8688 7"x12" Mini Metal Lathe
- Central Machinery 44991 Manual Mini-Mill
- Ryobi WDS1600 Cantilevered Drum Sander
- DeWALT DW735 13" Thickness Planer
- Delta JT360 6" Jointer
- Central Machinery 47404 10" Disc Sander
- Central Machinery 69257 Oscillating Spindle Sander
- Router Table with Triton 1/2" Precision Router
- Standard electric drills
- Panel Saw
- Wood River 151223 Benchtop Mortiser
- Tektronix Color Four Channel Digitalizing Oscilloscope
- Hewlett Packard 3588A Spectrum Analyzer
- Hewlett Packard 8116A Pulse/Function Generator
- Sparkfun 303D SMD Hot Air Rework Station
- several Fluke DC Programmable Power Supplies
- Hakko temperature controlled soldering stations
- Sunkko 788H Battery Spot Welder
- numerous hand-held bench meters
Our numerous tools in this area will appear here shortly, including tools for calibration, repair, etc., such as:
- Air Powered Engine Hoist
- Centech Refrigerant Leak Detector (Freon Sniffer)
- AmScope Stereoscopic Microscope
- Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 51 Plasma Cutter
- Lincoln Electric SP-135T MIG Welder
- Lincoln Electric 180c Power MIG Welder
- TIG Welder
- White Rotary Sewing Machine (cabinet model)
- Singer Ultralock 14U64A (serger, aka overlock machine)
- Husky Pro Air Compressor
- Various hand tools
- Geo Knight DK20S Swing-Away 16"x20" Heat Press
- Hat Heat Press
- USCutter MH871-MK2 30" Vinyl Cutter
- HP DesignJet 1055CM 36" Wide Format Printer
- Tubing Roller
- SWAG Finger Press Brake
- Class II A/B3 Biological Safety Cabinet
- 3'x3'x6' Ventilated Grow Tent
- Illuminator UFO 200W LED Grow Light
- Rolling door and auto bay
- Electronics room with numbers of testing tools, soldering irons, donated components
- Conference room, and a large workshop floor
- Various electrical configurations with individual breakers
- Lockable storage spaces
- Comfy seating and wifi!
Project Tools Not Yet Finished Or Functional
Some Ongoing Projects Needing Work, some of which may wind up hosted by the Hackerspace.
All of these have team leads, so they may not be worked on without asking permission from the Director of Facilities.
- Ryobi medium duty band saw
- Disk/Belt Sander
- Voltera PC Board printer
- Black Acrylic Prusa Style 3D Printer
- SeeMeCNC Resin Printer
- RoutoKit SD CNC Router
Photos of Tools Pending Descriptions
This page shows photos of a very few of the tools pending QR-codes, descriptions and cautions for operation: Tools Pending Description
Photos of Tool Areas for Instruction
The page linked below shows photos of areas for instruction. The welding table, the crafts area, etc. Not shown are the Automotive, DIYBio, Metal Working, Wood Working areas or the shelves that include power tools. This section will likely be moved for integration elsewhere: Areas with Tools Pending Description