Ham Radio License Class
Several people have expressed an interest in getting an amateur radio license.
Tests are given here in Austin on the first and third Saturdays of the month. The Technician exam consists of a 35 question multiple-choice test that covers basic electronics, radio fundamentals, station setup, operating practices, safety, and FCC regulations. Morse code is no longer required for any class of amateur license.
Online study materials: (feel free to add anything you find useful)
- Windows study software that works with or without the ARRL study guides
- KB6NU Tech and General study guide
- Technician Class cram sheet (.doc)
- General Class cram sheet (.doc)
- Exam question pools (has current questions despite a typo on the page)
- practice exam #1
- practice exam #2 (updated for 2011)
- practice exam #3
- practice exam #4 (login, iphone friendly, drills you on weak areas)