|ATX HackerSpace Pages relating to|
Committees, Meetings and Governance
|Bylaws & Policies|
|Membership Meeting Agenda Items|
|Membership Meeting Notes|
|Access Control Committee|
|Matter Out Of Place Committee|
|Tool Acquisition Committee|
|Edit this template|
Assist Director of Education with creating and maintaining the policy governing the giving and taking of classes at the ATX Hackerspace. Provide support in the following:
- Recruiting Instructors
- Develop new courses
- Develop workshops
- Community Outreach
- open to suggestions (email DoE@atxhs.coop)
Director of Education (DoE) Interim DoE TEAM CLASS Board Guidance Position currently Open Evelyn Nelson Jessica Ross Michelle Elbert Zimmer Barnes Marshall Vaughan Chad Franke
- Class Committee welcomes volunteers, Sign up and make a difference.
Provide courses that are unique to ATX Hackerspace which can translate to new skills for members and patrons to explore.
Current Class Documents
- The following documents are used to organize prospective instructors and class materials. If you wish to have any of these documents shared with you please contact the Interim Director of Education.
Contact, verify and confirm:
- ATX Hackerspace Classes spreadsheet Chad Franke
- Chad, please go through the spreadsheet and see if those listed are still available to teach. If so, direct them to the ATXHS_20121213-ClassMeeting presentation and have them add their information at the bottom.
- ATX Hackerspace Class-teaching volunteers Zimmer Barnes
- Zimmer, please go through the spreadsheet and see if those listed are still available to teach, if so, direct them to the ATXHS_20121213-ClassMeeting presentation and have them add their information at the bottom.
- Verify existing wiki ATX Hackerspace Classes Evelyn Nelson
- ATXHS_20121213-ClassMeeting (Slide 4 - Courses at a glance) Jessica Ross
- Jessica, I would like for you to gather and compile the Calendar for those classes in this slide 4. Basically at this point, I need commitment of what day and time slots. For example, if Instructor A teaches on Mondays at 7pm once a month on the 3rd week, where as Instructor B teaches on Monday and Friday twice a month on the even weeks at 7 for the next 3 months. Something like that.
- Coordinate Temporary Classroom Evelyn Nelson, Chad Franke, Marshall Peck, Danny Miller
- Danny, when can we get together to set up the temporary classroom while Phase I of the ATXHS buildout is in progress. I will need the following Tables, Chairs, Projector, Power for the students laptop and projector.
- Class Policy  TEAM CLASS and ATXHS Board
- Work in progress... see ATXHS_20121213-ClassMeeting presentation slides 25-28
- Wiki ATXHS Class page TEAM CLASS, ATXHS Board, open to volunteers
- Work in progress... see ATXHS_20121213-ClassMeeting presentation slides 29. We need to gather all the classes info and update wiki. Open to ideas on how to set it up. Meet on this after TEAM CLASS has obtained the pertinent information.
- Wiki ATXHS Class store  TEAM CLASS, ATXHS Board
- Work in progress... see ATXHS_20121213-ClassMeeting presentation slides 29-30. Once the classes our updated on wiki, we then need to setup the store side of things. Meet on this after TEAM CLASS has obtained the pertinent information.
- ATXHS Class announcement MOP, ATXHS Board, TEAM CLASS, Marshall Peck
- Work in progress... ATXHS_20121213-ClassMeeting presentation slides 29-30. Once the wiki class and store is setup, we then need work on promoting them. Meet on this after the above Wiki ATXHS Class page and Class store are up and running.
- ATXHS Class Calendar TEAM CLASS, ATXHS Board, open to volunteers
- Work in progress... see ATXHS_20121213-ClassMeeting presentation slides 29. We need to gather all the classes info and update calendar. Open to ideas on how to set it up. Meet on this after TEAM CLASS has obtained the pertinent information.
- Selection: ACTIVE INACTIVE PENDING COMPLETE
- ATX Hackerspace Classes spreadsheet : ACTIVE
- ATX Hackerspace Class-teaching volunteers : ACTIVE
- Verify existing wiki ATX Hackerspace Classes : ACTIVE
- ATXHS_20121213-ClassMeeting (Slide 4 - Courses at a glance) : ACTIVE
- Coordinate Temporary Classroom : ACTIVE
- Class Policy : PENDING
- Wiki ATXHS Class page : ACTIVE
- Wiki ATXHS Class store : INACTIVE
- ATXHS Class announcement : PENDING
- ATXHS Class Calendar : PENDING
Your help is needed while the space is being prepared for use. Collectively the above tasks can be achieved much more quickly. In the meantime, preparations are being made to offer classes offsite. Once the approved permit is at the space, classes will be transition over to the space and can the fun begin.
- Now is the time to get involved and make a difference.
- Sign up.
- Classes to starts very soon.
- Come back for UPDATES