|ATX HackerSpace Main Pages|
|Events & Meetings|
|Edit this template|
ATX Hackerspace exists to promote and encourage technical, scientific, and artistic skills through projects, collaboration, and education.
We do it by
- Encouraging research, knowledge exchange, learning, and mentoring with each other and the community at large. (“Make a Difference”)
- Conducting professional and social relationships with each other and the community in a positive and constructive manner. (“Be Excellent to Each Other”)
- Providing and maintaining clean, safe spaces for teaching practical skills and theory of technology, science, and art.
- Providing and maintaining clean, safe work spaces and other resources such as storage for projects related to technology, science, and art.
- Providing resources such as hardware, tools, materials, access, and knowledge to members.
- Promoting individual members' personal growth in their fields of interest, encouraging the individual members to share their projects and knowledge for the betterment of society through technology, science, and art.
- Developing, supporting the development of, and providing resources for the development of free and open source software and hardware for the benefit of society.
- Collaborating across disciplines for the benefit of cultural, charitable, and scientific causes.
- Fostering the common purposes of its participants by all legal means.
- Conducting or engaging in lawful activities in furtherance of the stated purposes or those incidental to them.
- Openly inviting the community of the Austin, Texas area as well as people around the world to join us in the above endeavors.