Revision as of 01:50, 19 June 2014 by Mert.eastman (Created page with "Meeting Notes 06/18/2014<br> 10 members were in attendance. == Proposals == #Operating Agreement amendment. The OA currently specifies that member meetings shall be "the fir...")
Meeting Notes 06/18/2014
10 members were in attendance.
- Operating Agreement amendment. The OA currently specifies that member meetings shall be "the first and third Tuesdays of the month". We have been having meetings on Wednesdays for awhile now. There will be an upcoming vote to change the language of the OA so it no longer specifies meetings on Tuesdays.
- Metal Casting discussion (Chad). There has been an offer to help us build metal casting equipment. Parts will run about $500; fundraising will be set up through the ATXHS store. Holding a class to use the equipment, however, will require a special insurance rider - this is being looked into. There will be a vote to allocate room for storage of this equipment.
- Freezer Burn meeting (Clio). Freezer burn (kinda like Burning Flipside) wants to meet at the space for their "town council" for 4 hours on July 19. This will be done on a donation basis. Clio feels this group is a good match with ATXHS - some of their members are interested in joining. Final wording on this proposal will be posted to the list before the vote.
- STEM Camp field trip (Chad). About 20 14-year olds want to tour the space for one hour next Wednesday or Friday (most likely during the noon hour). Martin will do a safety walk-through the day before. Chad needs 1 or 2 people to help.
- Solstice Austin music fest at the space this Saturday starting at 4:00. Full performance set with five acoustic groups. We will be giving tours and demos to attendees.
- Weston is offering a bounty of $100 for anyone who can fix his big yellow robot. Martin will pay storage for two months.
- The liability waiver will soon be in electronic form so it can be accessed via the kiosk or any laptop.
- Accounting is switching from Kashoo to Quickbooks to aid our CPA (and we are getting a discount). This may delay some financial reports at the beginning of July.
- Shapeoko is coming! (The spindle, however, is coming later.)
- Inventibles is sending us 2000 LEDs, and Martin is throwing in a bunch of batteries for an upcoming build night. We just need to get on social media with this and publish at least one Instructible. Martin has an idea that involves the marshmallow gun. Sugru and Bare Conductive (conductive ink pen) will be coming in the future.
- Electronics lab now sports a spectrum analyzer, 500 MHz 4-ch scope, and a gaggle of power supplies. Thanks Alex!
- Check out the front page of the wiki - we have updated the photos!
Meeting ended 8:10 PM.
Note taker: Mert Eastman